130 nm RF-SOI Modular RF/AMS Technology (XR013)
The XR013 is X-FAB’s 0.13 µm modular and feature-rich RF-SOI technology solution suitable for multiple air-interface standards and both fixed and mobile applications. Standard features include a twin-well 2.5V CMOS technology on a linear, high-impedance SOI substrate with 4 levels of metal in a hybrid copper and aluminum metallization that supports wire-bond, bump, or Cu-pillar chip-package interfaces and a large array of passive analogue RF devices. Additional optional features include a range of FET devices with multiple Vt options, up to 2 additional routing, and up to 2 additional thick Cu metal levels.
XR013 offers a comprehensive set of components supported by Si-proven, advanced RF models as well as a wide range of IP as design enablers.
- 2.5 V CMOS platform with hybrid Cu/Al metallization.
- Thick terminal metal is standard.
- Optional thick Cu levels provide a high-performance pathway to minimize system losses
- Operating Conditions: Tj = -40°C ... +125°C
- Low Ron * Coff figure of merit RF switches with PSP based compact models including advanced modeling of a high impedance SOI substrate
- Low-noise, high gain, high linearity NFET options for RF switch and LNA integration
- Both low and high value diffusion and poly resistors including a 3k/sq p-poly resistor
- 2.1 fF/ µm2 vertical RF Metal-Insulator-Metal (MIM) capacitor and up to 1.32 fF/ µm2 vertical parallel plate capacitors (VPP)
- 1.2V and 2.5V based RF varactors
- Large catalog of high-Q, symmetric, octagonal inductors for multiple metallization configurations
- Optional low-leakage 1.2V CMOS feature is exploited to deliver best in class density digital integration
- Silicon-proven RF reference kits
- Silicon-proven analogue and digital IP is available and provided by X-FAB
- Proven GPIO solutions including ESD are available and provided by X-FAB
- Cadence based front-end design flow with back-end support for both Cadence & Mentor and ADS for front-end design