Field Application Staff/Principal Engineer (based in China)
- The incumbent is based in the Shenzhen/China area and directly reports to the Regional Sales Manager, Asia Pacific and indirectly to the corporate technical marketing manager and Design Support Hotline manager.
- Identify, qualify, and develop customers and project by working with Sales in China and other related technical staff at X-FAB and project management.
- Work closely within the technical, sales and marketing teams to close new business opportunities and act as liaison with other technical staff within the organization across all X-FAB sites (currently Germany, USA and Malaysia)
- Knowledgeable in semiconductor analog circuit design, product engineering, system architect, layout tools, verification of designs, design kits, ESD and EMC requirements, analog and digital libraries and IP’s, momory blocks and semiconductor process knowledge.
- Provide application specific technical support and help resolve technical issues in customer designs during the design phase.
- Expected to travel to customer sites throughout China either alone or accompanied by other X-FAB sales or other staff.
- Support Marketing in planning process development activities based on market feedback.
- Expected to be spending regular extensive trainings at the headquarters in Germany and the facility in Malaysia (several weeks in a row).
- Support Marketing to collect and provide information on competitor activities.
- Support Sales to conduct on-site Technical Seminars
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in microelectronics industry (Technology or Design).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Application and Engineering Design Applications (EDA)
- Experience in using design tools, like Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys or Tanner.
- Experienced in the field of Analog and M/S technology and design.
- Pleasant personality, courteous, good customer service skills.
- Possess good teamwork and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to converse well in both Mandarin and English.
- Willingness to travel.
Based in China.
The Recruitment Team
X-FAB Sarawak Sdn. Bhd.
1 Silicon Drive, Sama Jaya Free Industrial Zone
93350 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 82 354 888
Fax: +60 82 263 330