"Journey to Semiconductor" Graduate Attachment Program
This program is designed exclusively to develop technical know-how for outstanding fresh engineers. We have started this exclusive graduate program since 2010 and have successfully hired and trained >30 young engineers via this program.
- To cultivate graduates with semiconductor culture and mindset.
- To absorb young and aspiring graduates to the Company and nurture them to become technical experts and future leaders for the Company.
- To build a local technical talent pool.
- To expose the graduates to Semiconductor processes in Operation, Technology, Manufacturing and Quality Department.
This journey will lead you to an experiential learning from a series of exclusive and structured learning activities, personal interfaces and exposure to high-level technical issues discussion.
- Number of fresh graduates: 10
- Reporting date: 1 August
- Timeline for application: March - June 2013
- Training timeline: August - January
- Permanent employment
- Start rate of RM2,600.00 upon commencement of training
- RM100.00 increment upon confirmation
- 2 years’ bonding
- Other terms and conditions apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics / Microelectronics / Chemical / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineering / Material Science / Physics or equivalent from any recognized university
- Final year student
- Minimum of CGPA 3.0 and above or equivalent
- Excellent English communication skills and highly pro-active
- Strong interest in Semiconductor field
- Must be a Malaysian
How to Apply?
Meet your future colleagues
Lau Ngei Ong, JTS Engineer
I joined X-FAB Sarawak in 2010 as one of the pioneers on under Journey to Semiconductor (JTS) program. JTS, a comprehensive program for fresh graduates, has given me the exposure in different departments during the first six months in this sophisticated wafer foundry. With the On-The-Job Training in different departments, I get to have an overview of how different departments contribute from the first to the final stage of wafer fabrication.
After the 6-months Training, I have been assigned to work as a Process Characterization Engineer in Technology department. I have the opportunity to be involved in many projects which have given me a wider exposure in the area of Process Characterization where I started to develop my technical knowledge in the semiconductor field and improve my confidence in dealing with our counterparts in Europe and US. In 2011, I have also published four technical reports, mainly on low voltage devices, to share the results of research internally. The challenging work in technology development enables me to develop my expertise and build a long term career in the semiconductor field. I am indeed proud to be one of the pioneers in this JTS program in X-FAB Sarawak.